Be sure to click on the highlighted words and phrases to see pictures and videos from each story!
1. Two of Charles Darwin’s notebooks from the 1800s went missing from Cambridge University’s library in 2001. But they just announced someone returned them last month. They were left outside the librarian’s office with a note that said “Happy Easter.”
2. Speaking of libraries: A new study found they’re thriving, even in the digital age. 174 million Americans have a library card, which is around 54% of the population. And when you count digital collections, we’re borrowing more books than ever.
3. For the fourth year in a row, a guy in Cincinnati is doing an all-beer diet for Lent. He’s got about a week left, and he’s using it to raise money for charity. He says he’s also lost about 25 pounds so far.
4. An 18-year-old Cleveland woman who’s originally from Ukraine just raised over $12,000 for refugees . . . by working out on a stair climber for 24 hours straight.
5. A couple on Vancouver Island near Seattle recently bought an old resort and were planning to turn it into an events center. But they’re shelving those plans for now and using it to house Ukrainian refugees instead. They say it’s big enough for 100 people.