Get out of town for some old-fashioned fun. Nourish your spirit. Stay close in for some exceptional music. Honor Woody Guthrie. Celebrate Ray Davies Day. O, and get through Friday the 13th.
1. Oregon Country Fair/ ST. Helens Maritime Heritage Festival. Enjoy old-fashioned fun as the storied Columbia River flows by Old Town St. Helens. Fireworks Friday night at dusk. OR: Head to Veneta for a time-of-your-life cultural immersion. It's magic time at The Oregon Country Fair.
2. Friday the 13th Part 3 - In 3D. Nothing screams "Summer" like a trip to Camp Crystal Lake! Join JACKPOT Records as they present: Friday the 13th Part 3 - In 3D, at The Bagdad Theater. Show times and admission: Friday, July 13th @ 8pm. Admission is $6 and includes 3D glasses. (showing is for 21+). Watch the trailer below the 5.
3. Benefit for Blue Room Music Lessons Program. Put a fuse to the muse and drop by The Secret Society tonight (7/13) not just for three deeply talented bands, but it's an opportunity to help celebrate the Jeremy Wilson Foundation's music education program: putting music education within the reach of kids in Portland. More HERE.
4. Woody Guthrie Centennial Celebration. Deeply talented local musicians singing the songs of Woody! Saturday (7/14) at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral for FREE!!! Donations benefit hunger-relief organizations in keeping with the spirit of Woody)
5. RAY DAVIES DAY. Thanks to DJ Gregarious T. Cline, Mayor Sam proclaimed it thus, for Sunday. The KINKS lead guy is in Portland for a just about sold out show at the Aladdin. But before he went the music route, Ray was into making movies. Catch one of Ray's films at The Hollywood Theatre Sunday at 3pm. Trailer for Return to Waterloo is below.