Happy continued 4th of July... great to have a w-end so we can really celebrate. Here come a few islands of respite and inspiration. ~Inessa
1. Safeway Waterfront Blues Festival. This is always a great way to go and an amazing entertainment value. Tons of music at $10 a day and two cans of food for Oregon Food Bank can't be beat. Through Sunday. The schedule is HERE.
2. Courtyard Concerts for a Cause. Renegade String Band plays the first show. Saturday evenings and great music performed under the Portland stars in a beautiful outdoor venue. Courtyard at Mt. Tabor’s Concerts for a Cause is dedicated to providing food, clothing, advocacy and other services to your local friends and neighbors in need by raising funds for Oregon’s own SnowCap. Check the schedule HERE.
3. Try These Two Sandwich Spots. Travel Channel's "Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America," hits the NW on Wednesday's episode. The 2 Portland spots are faves. Big-Ass Sandwiches and Bunk Sandwiches are worthy competitors, so do yourself the favor by checking them out this w-end and then see what transpires on Wednesday's show.
4. Discover Oxbow Regional Park. It's a 1,000-acre natural area park nestled in the wild and scenic Sandy River Gorge. That’s close enough to be inside the metro area. 12 miles of trails and wild life abounds. Check it out HERE.
5. The Do-Deca-Pentathlon. Another classic Duplass film! Two brothers compete in their own private 25-event Olympics. Jay and Mark are at it again. Former Oregonian Mark Kelly stars as one of the bros. He calls the Duplasses "actor's directors". Mark Kelly will be at the 8:30 showing Friday and Saturday night at Living Room Theatres. He'll introduce the film, and do a Q&A following. We caught up on the phone yesterday, to talk about working with the Duplass bros.