First w-end of June looks good: comedy, beer, roses, architecture, and of course, music! Starlight Parade, too.
1. LIZZ WINSTEAD. Catch Lizz Saturday night at the Alberta Rose. Her new bookLizz Free of Die offers up essays on how she navigated her way to stand-up in a man's world. Lizz is the co creator and former head writer of THE DAILY SHOW. Her comedy is built around both political and cultural observations. More HERE. (And don't miss my convo with Lizz, below.)
2. RUMMER HOMES TOUR. Through the w-end, you can tour several of the 63 Rummers that were built in the Garden Home neighborhood. These homes predate Hipstamatic, Instagram, Mad Men. But the main claim to fame is how they blend indoor and outdoor spaces, and they've been aptly described as "a mullet of modernism". Business in front and party in the back. Details HERE.
3. BREW FESTS. 2 good ones to dive into. Friday it's Zoo Brew at The Oregon Zoo with over 60 local brewers on hand. 6/1 from 5 to 10pm. More HERE.
And it's Amnesia's 2nd Annual Single Hop Fest with a dozen breweries showcasing their best single hop beers. Saturday, 6/2 from noon to 10pm at Amnesia Brewing, 832 N. Beech St. More on that one HERE.
4. MUSIC! JD McPherson plays at Bunk Bar Saturday night. Tickets are no longer available online, but that might mean you can get them at the door. Check HERE for more. JD will be in the BING as well. We'll replay that session Monday night at 11pm.
AND: If you are even vaguely thinking of going, you know that Bieber tickets are on sale today. Info HERE.
5. SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN. A darker and grimier version of the famous fairytale opens in theatres today. We may argue over Kristen Stewart being fairer than Charlize Theron. But the winner is Chris Hemsworth as the Huntsman. (No mirror required.) Showtimes HERE. Check out the trailer and our conversation with Chris, below.
CONVERSATIONS WITH LIZZ WINSTEAD AND CHRIS HEMSWORTH